The following application recommendation are guidelines to producing high quality compost with less intensive management. Contact EM America for customer EM-1® Waste Treatment composting programs that will meet your goals.
- Apply EM-1® Waste Treatment as soon as the material is consolidated (or windrowed) and preferably before the material has become thermophillic (temperatures above 120 degrees F).
- These recommended rates of EM-1® Waste Treatment application are guidelines and may need to be adjusted for site-specific conditions and unique feedstocks. Activated EM-1® Waste Treatment should be used for all applications due to cost savings. Consult with EM America for specific commercial composting Activation instructions.
EM-1® Waste Treatment
100% Green Waste
1 gal. Activated EM-1® Waste Treatment
50% Green Waste/50% Food waste or other agricultural waste (i.e. livestock waste)
2 gal. Activated EM-1® Waste Treatment
Day 1 (1 gal.) and Day 14 (1 gal.)
- Add EM-1® Waste Treatment to the water used to hydrate the feedstock. Try to minimize runoff. The material should then be turned for an even EM-1® Waste Treatment application. Dilution of EM-1® Waste Treatment will vary depending on total water volume needed to attain proper moisture.
- Turn (aerate) the compost once a month until maturity.
- EM-1® Waste Treatment can be applied at a low rate (1 liter/ton) when compost is mature to further increase microbial density and compost quality.
|< Prev||Next >|